Melrose Arch Conjures Up More Christmas MagicNovember 6, 2019
Black Friday At Melrose Arch Is Upon UsNovember 15, 2019
Melrose Arch is excited to be the starting point of the new 947 Vitality Short Ride on Sunday (17 November) and we look forward to welcoming nearly 3 000 cyclists as they set off on their quest to own the streets of Joburg. However, this does mean there’ll be slight disruptions on the streets of Melrose Arch and some surrounding roads, although all our shops and restaurants look forward to welcoming you as usual. Everything will be back to normal by 12pm.
Please note the following:
- The entrance into Melrose Boulevard from Athol Oaklands Rd will be closed from 6am – 12pm. Please use the entrances off Corlett Drive or Athol Oaklands Rd into Whiteley Rd (by Daytona)
- Parking entrance 3 will be closed until 10am
- Melrose Boulevard, from Athol Oaklands Rd to Crescent Drive, will be closed from 6am – 11am
- The High Street will be closed from Mr George to the Square from 6am to 11am
- Whiteley Rd will be partially closed from 34 Whiteley Rd (next to The Grillhouse)
- If you’re collecting guests from the African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Autograph Collection, please use the entrances on Whiteley Rd or Corlett Drive and turn into Crescent Drive (from Corlett Drive) or the High Street (from Whiteley Rd) to access the hotel
- The Virgin Active Classic basement parking will be used by cyclists from 7am – 6pm
- The M1 South will be closed from the Buccleuch interchange to the Joburg CBD M2 split from 4.30am to 2.35pm. The Athol Oaklands offramp from the M1 North will be closed from 5am
- Athol Oaklands Rd will be closed from Scott Str to Kernick Ave. Please visit www.947ridejoburg.co.za for the full list of road closures.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you would like more information, please phone our Call Centre on (011) 648-0000.